Privacy Notice and Terms and Conditions
At Consumer Credit Advisory Services (CCAS), we are serious about protecting the privacy of our users. This Privacy Notice describes how we collect, use and protect your personal information when you use this website (collectively, the “Site”).
In this Privacy Notice, we use the terms “users” or “you” to refer to you as a user of the CCAS service, regardless of whether you are:
- a client who is using the Site to source consumer credit consultancy services (a “Client”),
- a job applicant or financial services contractor (an “Applicant”) who is looking to work with CCAS,
- any other person who is using the software or other tools or services we provide on the Site.
This Privacy Notice applies whenever you use the Site, including when you use any tool or service on the Site, send inquiries or otherwise.
- Who is CCAS?
- Who processes my personal information?
- The information we collect
- How we use your personal information
- How we may disclose your personal information
- International data transfers
- Forms of communication
- How do you protect my personal information once you have it?
- External links and social plug-ins
- What are Cookies and Web Beacons?
- How do I correct or update my information?
- How do I opt-out of receiving marketing communications from you?
- How long will you keep my personal information?
- What are my legal rights?
- When was this Privacy Notice last updated?
- How do I contact you?
Who is CCAS?
CCAS is a part of the RFS Holdings group of companies, but please note that this Privacy Notice applies only to RFSH group websites in the European Economic Area.
In this Privacy Notice, we use the term “RFSH” to refer to RFS Holdings Limited and all of its affiliated group companies.
The Site is intended for use by individuals who are over 18 years of age.
Who processes my personal information?
Information that can identify you (“personal information“) will be collected, processed, stored and used by us, and passed to and processed by companies in the RFSH Group and other third party data processors acting under our instructions or those of one of the companies in the RFSH Group. These people may be engaged in, amongst other things, the fulfilment of your information requests and the provision of support tools and services both on the Site and from the company. They may also be helping us maintain the integrity and security of the Site, including processing services and emails and messaging platforms on the Site.
Our Site may also collect and store some information (including personal information) locally on your device using your browser and data caches. This could include, for example, location information. We use this information to make our site faster when you return to the Site.
The information we collect
At various times you may give information to us. This includes information that can identify you, including your first and last name, telephone number, postal and email addresses, health information, and details of your employment and financial situation.
We may also gather information from cookies, web beacons or similar technologies from the internet. You can find out more about how we do that in the relevant section of this policy below and in our Cookies Policy. With the prior user’s consent, as applicable, which can be withdrawn at any time, we collect IP addresses, mobile device identifier details, your location, navigation and click-stream data, the time of accessing the website, pages you viewed, what you searched for, the duration of your visit, and other details of your activity on the internet.
If you ask us to connect with other sites (for example by clicking on the LinkedIn link) we may get information that way too. In connection with electronic communications we facilitate through a Site, we use electronic or manual checks to monitor such communications for trust and security purposes. We obtain data from you either by you inputting your personal details, or when we speak to you.
How we use your personal information
- To provide you with information on the services you requested on the Site or to support your request;
- To contact you from time to time with service updates;
- To send other messages that are useful to the services we provide;
- To provide personalised, targeted, or location-based content, services, and advertising from us with the prior user’s consent that can be withdrawn at any time;
- If necessary, to measure your interest in and improve our products, services and the Site;
- To promote the services related to the Site or those of the RFSH Group, our parent company and its affiliates and/or our affiliates by email and via social media platforms;
- To compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties;
- To improve Clients’ experience using anonymous and aggregated information;
- To detect, investigate and prevent activity we think may be potentially illegal, unlawful or harmful and to enforce our Privacy Notice and/or our Terms or any other purpose referenced herein or therein. We collate statistics about site traffic, sales and other commercial information which we pass onto third parties to assist us in improving the services we provide to you. We also use demographic information to tailor the Site and we share that information with third parties so that they can build up a better picture of our Client base and general consumer trends; and
Our primary purpose in collecting your personal information is to provide you with the services you request. We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- We will comply with data protection law. This says that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
How we may disclose your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to enforce our policies, defend and protect the rights, property or safety of the RFSH Group, the Site and the users of the Site, to comply with our legal obligations or in the interest of national security, public interest or law enforcement in any country where the RFSH Group has entities or affiliates. For example, we may respond to a valid request by a law enforcement agency or regulatory or governmental authority (including tax authorities). We may also disclose data in connection with actual or proposed litigation, or to protect our property, people and other rights or interests.
We share your information with third parties (including other RFSH Group affiliates) who help deliver our products and services to you. Examples include third parties who are hosting our web servers, analysing data, and providing marketing assistance. These companies will have access to your personal information as necessary to perform their functions, but they may not use that data for any other purpose.
We may also share your personal information as follows:
- If you opt in to receive information about the opportunities, products, or services of third parties, we supply your contact information to those third parties, so they may contact you;
- With Companies in the RFSH Group;
If any part of the RFSH Group is sold, or some of its assets transferred to a third party, your personal information may also be transferred. Potential purchasers and their advisors may have access to data as part of the sale process. However, use of your personal information will remain subject to this Privacy Notice. Similarly, your personal information may be passed on to a successor in interest in the unlikely event of a liquidation, bankruptcy or administration.
We may also share anonymised information with third parties, including investors. This information does not contain any personal information.
International data transfers
Personal information about users may be stored and processed in any country in which we, our affiliates, or service providers maintain facilities, (including countries like India) which are outside of the country or region in which you reside.
These countries may not have data protection laws as comprehensive as those in your country or region, but we take steps to ensure that your privacy is protected in accordance with this Privacy Notice at all times.
By using our services, you understand that your personal information may be transferred to our facilities and those of our service providers as described in this Privacy Notice.
Forms of communication
Users may subscribe to our newsletter service. We and RFSH Group may offer different newsletters from time to time intended to enhance the services we offer. All Users may cancel their subscription to these email newsletters at any time through by emailing RFSMarketing@rfs.co.uk for the changes in your preferences to become effective.
As well as collecting data online and from correspondence we may also speak with you face to face (for example at a meeting with a client partner) or by telephone. We frequently record telephone conversations for quality assurance and training purposes. Those recordings are also governed by this Privacy Notice and we keep this data in the same way that we keep other data. Our call recording service is monitored and run by Regulatory Finance Solutions Limited and all call recordings are protected in the same way as all personal information we process.
Enquiries and other electronic communications
Clients may send enquiries to us via the Site. If you choose to send an enquiry this way, the message will go via our third party supplier, who will be contractually bound by clauses of confidentiality. Enquiries will be available for review by our employees and agents, who may use any such information as part of the services we provide.
We may also, from time to time, use third party e-mail servers to send and track receipt of such communications, and analyse the pattern of such communications for trust and security purposes as well as to gather data, such as enquiry data (on an anonymous basis), to assist us in better understanding our business. Our system does not hold messages indefinitely and they may not be accessible after the message has been delivered to you. Please therefore print a copy of any message which is important to you.
How do you protect my personal information once you have it?
We take appropriate technical and organisational measures to guard against unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal information and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal information. While no system is completely secure, we believe the measures implemented by the Site reduce our vulnerability to security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved. We have security measures in place to protect our user database and access to this database is restricted internally.
Note that, despite the measures taken by us and the third parties we engage, the internet is not secure. As a result, others may nevertheless unlawfully intercept or access private transmissions or data.
External links and social plug-ins
If any part of the Site links you to other websites, those websites do not operate under this Privacy Notice. We recommend you examine the privacy policies posted on those other websites to understand their procedures for collecting, using and disclosing personal information. This may also be the case when any part of the Site uses social plug-ins from other sites such as LinkedIn. Plug-ins such as LinkedIn’s “Like” button can be identified by one of LinkedIn’s logos, such as the “in” icon, and in practice are like a little piece of LinkedIn embedded on the Site.
What are Cookies and Web Beacons?
Our Site has a dedicated section on cookies which you can read here.
You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work. We want to be open about our cookie use. Even if you are only browsing the Site certain information (including computer and connection information, browser type and version, operating system and platform details and the time of accessing the Site) is automatically collected about you. This information will be collected every time you access the Site and it will be used for the purposes outlined in this Privacy Notice.
We gather and share information concerning the usage of the Site by Applicants and Clients with one or more third-party tracking companies for the purpose of reporting statistics.
Web beacons may be used to track the traffic patterns of users from one page to another in order to maximise web traffic flow.
How do I correct or update my information?
Please email RFSMarketing@rfs.co.uk or write to us at CCAS, Priam House, Firefly Avenue, Swindon, SN2 2EH to correct any information we are holding that you believe is incorrect.
How do I opt-out of receiving marketing communication from you?
You may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by the following means:
- Contact us at RFSMarketing@rfs.co.uk or write to us at CCAS, Priam House, Firefly Avenue, Swindon, SN2 2EH
- Follow the instructions included in each communication.
Please remember that if you change your preference it may take a short time for those preferences to become effective.
How long will you keep my personal information?
We will retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the purposes to which you consent under the Terms and Conditions and this Privacy Notice, or as is required by applicable law, and may then retain certain information associated with your account, including for analytical purposes as well as record keeping integrity.
What are my legal rights?
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data:
- The right to request access to your personal data.
- The right to request correction of your personal data.
- The right to request erasure of your personal data.
- The right to object to processing of your personal data.
- The right to request restriction of processing your personal data.
- The right to request transfer of your personal data.
- The right to withdraw consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Usually, no fee is required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Time limit to respond
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
When was this Privacy Notice last updated?
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 16/10/2018. We may occasionally amend this Privacy Notice to reflect regulatory requirements, advances in technology, Site updates and changes in our information collection and disclosure practices. Any new policy will automatically be effective when it is published on the website. You should therefore return here regularly to view our most up to date Privacy Notice. You should also print a copy for your records.
How do I contact you?
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, the practices of this Site, or your dealings with this Site, we encourage you to contact us at RFSMarketing@rfs.co.uk.
If you are unhappy with their answers you can also contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
The data controller for any personal information you provide to us through this Site is Consumer Credit Advisory Services Limited, Registered address: Priam House, Fire Fly Avenue, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN2 2EH. Consumer Credit Advisory Services Limited is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under registration number ZA467565.
Terms and conditions >
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this site. These terms tell you the rules for using our website www.ccas.co.uk (our site).
Click on the links below to go straight to more information on each area:
- Who we are and how to contact us
- By using our site you accept these terms
- There are other terms that may apply to you
- We may make changes to these terms
- We may make changes to our site
- We may suspend or withdraw our site
- Our site is only for users in the UK
- How you may use material on our site
- Do not rely on information on this site
- We are not responsible for websites we link to
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- Uploading content to our site
- How we may use your personal information
- We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
- Rules about linking to our site
Who we are and how to contact us
www.ccas.co.uk is a site operated by Consumer Credit Advisory Services Ltd (”We”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 08753269 and have our registered office at Priam House, Fire Fly Avenue, Swindon, SN2 2EH. Our VAT number is 180 8176 95.
We are a limited company.
To contact us, please email RFSMarketing@RFS.co.uk or telephone our main reception on 01793 209160. Please note calls may be recorded for training purposes.
By using our site you accept these terms
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
Other terms which may apply to you
We may make changes to these terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated on 26/04/2018.
We may make changes to our site
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that the information on this website is correct. However, we do not guarantee the correctness or completeness of material on this website. We may make changes to the material on this website at any time and without notice. The material on this website may be out of date, or on rare occasions incorrect and we make no commitment to ensure that such material is correct or up to date.
The material on this website is provided without any conditions or warranties of any kind. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we provide access and use of this website on the basis that we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions which but for these Terms may have effect in relation to this website.
We may suspend or withdraw our site
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
Our site is only for users in the UK
Our site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
How you may use material on our site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Do not rely on information on this site
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any services to you, which will be set out in our specific contract with you.
If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
Uploading content to our site
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content and we will contact you to gain your consent before forwarding that content to any third party.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
How we may use your personal information
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Rules about linking to our site
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
- Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact RFSMarketing@rfs.co.uk